No announcement yet.

eureka azalea

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eureka azalea

[align=left]I spent a few hours searching out my plant. Finally found a pic of it and it's name. I should be the proud owner of a Eureka Azalea. I'm pretty sure it's dead. I'm hoping someone out there can help me.[/align]
    [align=left]The leaves and flowers are crunchy. The branches are springy. I came to my theory of "springy branches" by gently bending to see how far it would go til it broke. I've been careful not to break any of the branches in sympathy. [/align]
    [align=left]I need to know how to save my plant. IF it can be saved. I replanted it in a bigger pot. Not sure if I should put it outside or not. It's been windy lately and it can get pretty warm. Not really hot til July. [/align]
    [align=left]SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!! [/align]
    [align=left]P.S. I also have the same problem with my bleeding hears which are outside.[/align]

Hi Lucky Lady,

I think you are saying that you have a greenhouse grown azalea in a pot in the house and the leaves and flowers are all dry but the branches are still alive.* If you want to be sure, GENTLY scrape a branch to see if there is any green just under the bark.* If it's still green it's still alive.* Generally greenhouse raised azaleas don't survive outdoors.* I suspect yours either got dried out, too much heat from an indoor heat source or too much sun.* You need to be sure the plant isn't rootbound and unable to take up water.* Take a look here.

Not sure what's ailing your bleeding heart, but if it's dried up then it's not getting enough water or possibly has been oversprayed with an herbicide or pesticide.